15 August, 2011

ten minutes in the name of gratitude.

i've been trying to focus lately on what i'm grateful for. i made a chalkboard that says:
9
i got this gratitude board idea from my dear friend tara polly, and she inspires me to be more present. check her out and be inspired, too. zoe promptly scribbled out everything i was grateful for as well as, 'i am grateful for' with colorful zig zags. so today i tried again. in an effort to inspire myself, i walked around the house (and deck) for 5 minutes and took pictures of gratitude as art.

i saw/felt:

[the beautiful contrast of green leaves and blue skies. the perfect 80 degree weather with cool breeze. the smell of fresh summer air.]
8

[the sunflowers left over from my sisters' going-away-to-college party that remind me of them. this makes me both happy and sad. but mostly happy for all the fun i know they'll have and amazing memories they'll make. they make me proud.]
6

[the expanding mind of my little one. building creations and making music and having an imagination that just blows me away. daily.]
3

[a sweet little 'thank you' bundle of flowers from a friend from the past. a nice reminder of how all things make sense eventually and that being gracious is a beautiful thing.]
2

[dog days of summer. comfort. security. calm.]
1

[excitement! laughter! all the more present when she gets to squirt me with a water bottle. i love this face, laugh, smile, heart, mind, soul.]
5

[the warmth of sunshine and soaking up every last bit of summer before it fades into fall in the next few weeks...]
7

I AM GRATEFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your words make me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...