08 March, 2011

san diego.

jesse got me a ticket to san diego to see my best friend as a surprise a couple of weeks ago. we'd been dreaming about it, but only dreaming because every time i saw the prices for the flights my heart dropped a little more. jesse used our sky miles, of which we had just the perfect amount for a trip to san diego. i'm pretty sure it was meant to be. so thursday through sunday with my soul sister. wine, sunsets, a little bit of dancing, lots of rest, and eating my bodyweight in food - daily. heaven.

i flew over the rockies. that was fun. and beautiful.
1
when i got there i was struck by a few things. ONE: it wasn't 19 degrees. there was no wind. my layover was in NYC and for some reason the heat was not working on the plane there and i was beyond cold when i arrived. when i walked outside, i was happy to find that i was hot in my t-shirt. and i needed sunglasses. TWO: things were alive! there was green and sunshine and moisture in the air. and flowers! so much color. everything is so dead here right now so i welcomed a big change in that department.
6
3
2
red wine + sunset = perfection.
424cali_1
i posted a million pictures on facebook while i was away. they were all of food. i kept forgetting to bring my camera to all of these delicious places i ate, but i took pictures with my phone. however, i did have what will now be referred to as the greatest meal of my life, and i got one grainy out of focus picture of the sushi after we ate half of it. oops. i was a little distracted. BEST EVER.
20
everything is so fresh there. and i added avocado to everything, because i could.
5
okay, wait. let me talk about how much i love this girl for a minute.
23
reasons why my love is overflowing: she laughs at all my jokes. she is so genuinely sweet. she's so beautiful that people literally stop and stare but she is so humble. she's in a place in her life right now where everything is falling together and she's so happy. and that makes me happy. so both of us, in a good place, together, with wine and the ocean and an abundance of food makes for a really good time. there is a comfort level that i share with her that is akin to how i am with my immediate family. she is my sister in my heart and i adore her to pieces. all the pieces that are nothing like me and how we are so different but so the same and how we know that we have no expectations from each other and we don't have to entertain each other and we can just BE. and laugh and sleep and talk and love. and she gives me cupcakes.
17
she also brings out my inner girl and reminds me to scrub myself with sugar kiss and put on body oil and shave my legs and take a little me time. my shower experience was entirely different there. i am used to simultaneously rushing through shampoo, conditioner, body wash in three minutes tops while i entertain zoe through the glass shower door and try to keep her from running out of the bathroom so i don't have a panic attack about how she's probably somehow pulled a dresser down on top of herself and is seriously injured while i am selfishly showering. oh the things a mother thinks. anyway, shout out to this sugar kiss stuff, heaven, i tell you. buy it, i promise you won't be mad at me that you spent $34 dollars on sugar cane body scrub. cross my heart.
21
15
16
28
13
house up there - yes please.
14
11
10
9
12
18
we got to snuggle this sweet girl while we watched the sunset...
19
22
love you love you so xoxoxoxo.
25
30

3 comments:

  1. april welsh09 March, 2011

    wow, this compounds the canadian winter to really, really make me want to head back to sd. so glad you had such an amazing time! also makes me miss my best friends, but seeing your love for yours made me feel good.

    i really hope we can afford to move to sd in 4 or 5 years. maybe we can be neighbors one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends... the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! There is so much emotion in this post, i felt like i was right there with you. Beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

your words make me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...